Pages

An Introduction To A Profitable Affiliate Marketers Day

Making a living on line from your home is many peoples dream job. It is possible as long as you treat it as a job and not a hobby, but what should you do how do you organise your time?

Affiliate marketing is not a recent business model, for years now people have been working as affiliates for various businesses in the off line world, often called commission only salesmen or similar, the difference with the advent of the internet is that now it is possible to make a living by being an affiliate without ever leaving the comfort of your own home. In the old days an affiliate would spend his day on the phone or writing letters, chasing sales leads, calling on customers etc. Today’s world is much simpler, and of course up to the minute or even second stats on sales or commission earned is often available via your company’s website or your affiliate stats page, So you know exactly how well you are doing day by day.
So using this new world of instant internet communications, and working from the comfort of your home office or even kitchen table, what is the average affiliate’s day like. Mine goes something like this.

After waking up and looking out of my window at the traffic jams of people chasing their 9 to 5 paycheck, I eat a leisurely breakfast and turn on my computer to check the overnight developments with the affiliate programs I am promoting. After checking my income for the past 24 hours, I set to work on making any amendments to my site pages and doing a blog post. Constant updating a tweaking of my sites design and updating my blog not only increases conversion rates, but also helps with my search engine rankings, as a regularly updated site looks very attractive to those fresh content hungry search engine bots that crawl the net, and are responsible for that elusive yet achievable page one result for your chosen search term.

Time to write my daily article, which will be submitted to various article directories for other people to use as content on their sites or ezines / newsletters, thereby getting me a back links and exposure, a vital and free promotion and traffic tool that will bring results sometimes as much as a year or more down the line. At the same time I post the article to my sites article archive and a teaser to the blog with a link back to the full article. Next I let the world know the blog has been updated by telling the pinging services pingoat dot com and pingomatic dot com which automatically inform various sites that my blog has been updated.

I then hit the forums, this is one of the most important steps because as well as keeping you up to date with your chosen niche or product you are promoting, by putting your website link on your signature file which appear at the end of all your posts you can get more valuable back links to your web pages. Having noted a thread of interest I post a response to someone’s question and note that I should email my list with the information too.

Now its time to communicate with my list. These are the people that used my opt in form on the website for more information. I write a short e-mail detailing what I have posted to the blog today and including a short promo for the products I found on the forum. Thereby achieving two goals, firstly I am recycling my web traffic as the list members may well re visit my web site and secondly maybe making a few direct sales into the process.

I now write a web page that includes the details of the product in the e-mail, and upload it to my website, I add the link to this page to the e-mail and send it to my list, the page I have written as well as the content promoting the product contains ad sense ad units, as do all my article pages and content pages, which add another potential revenue stream to my site promotions.

Just time to post my daily thoughts to various sites like squidoo myspace and other directories and answer any email from customers or my list members.

Missed lunch never mind it’s now 3pm and as my work is done, the rest of the day is mine. Not a bad way to earn a living.

The best tip I can give you is to take your online business seriously, make sure you get the best affiliate marketing information and training available to help you to succeed.

By: Tony W Kitson

Loading
Add to Technorati Favorites